Thursday, July 16, 2015

July Stamping Fun!

Wow!  The lazy days of summer (when I tend to post more often) just haven't happened for me this year!  I've not had nearly enough time to stamp like I would like to--especially with all my goodies from the new SU annual catalog.

We had 2 parties in 3 days this week and it was so much fun to stamp with these two groups of ladies!    On Sunday evening I met with the Hillsboro group and then on Tuesday our McPherson group met--here are the cards from both parties:

 This was a card that I forgot to take to the June party in Hillsboro (still feel awful about that) featuring some new in color colors and product:


This featured Butterfly Basics and the beautiful lace ribbon in Tip Top Taupe.  The sentiment came from Banner Banter.

 I shared a couple of quick tips--cleaning your photopolymer stamps with an alcohol wipe (I got mine at Wal-Mart) when they won't stick to the block anymore, and how to make a mask using 2 Way Glue.  Here's the card I did using the mask with the set You've Got This:


The colors are Calypso Coral and Crumb Cake.  I colored the flower using a blender pen and calypso coral ink.

 I got the card idea and instructions for the next card on Stamping School.  I love that it uses the 6 x 6 packs of designer series paper.  Choose 4 coordinating prints and cut them to 1 1/2" x 3" strips and you can get 8 cards out of them.  This is a 5 x 5 card and features Friendly Wishes.  Here are 2 samples:


I used the Venetian Crochet Trim, the heart punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and the small flower is from the Tree Builder Punch.

We did a card featuring the Braid Technique.  Here's the link to the directions and download of page of cutting patterns.  Love how special this makes a card look!  We decorated with a design that I found on Simply Simple Stamping--Connie Stewart uses a technique she calls Flash Cards where there is no waste of cardstock.  Check out her site!


Love, love, love the font on Cottage Greetings.  It is such a sweet set!

The last card was featured on stampinup.com and I think was created by Mary Fish.  It uses the adorable set You're Sublime.  I made a few minor changes in paper, but the design is basically the same.


I used the Schoolhouse designer paper and put a layer of So Saffron behind it.  I colored in my image stamped with Staz-On ink on shimmery white paper with a blender pen.  The colors I used were:  Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Pool Party, Smokey Slate and Memento Tuxedo Black.  I stuck it down with Everyday Chic washi tape and the hearts were punched with the Confetti Heart Border punch.

I'll be back tomorrow with the cards that were specific to each party.  





  


No comments: