Sunday, August 11, 2013

Quick Post....

Hi all!  I'm up to my ears in getting my classroom ready to go for the school year.  Kids come on Wednesday for the first day and (as always) there is a ton to do so I'm organized for the start of the year.  This is my year to clean out cupboards--I try to do it every few years---and it borders on overwhelming!  Especially when all I can think about is my new stamps that I really want to ink up! Instead of "Calgon--take me away," for me, it's "Stampin' Up--take me away..."  Unfortunately, that's not happening much in the next few days.  I did sneak in a couple of cards while I was digging out beginning of the year stuff in my basement late last night...you know how it is...the stamps were calling my name and I hated to neglect them.  =-)

The first card is a total case (except for the button) of Connie Collins' swap card that she posted here--love it!  Connie is one of the Artisan winners this year and does awesome work!  Here's my attempt!  I used a scrap from the sentiment, but it was so small I had a hard time getting it to fit in the heart AND be straight.

Then I tried one with the same layout with the Gingham Garden washi tape--


Both cards use the sentiments from Regarding Dahlias.  My card used the smallest framelit from the Floral Frames set.  I'm off to school again!  Have a happy day!

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Love the ruffled doilies.