Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gone Stamping!

Oops!  I sort of bailed out on you all!  Here is the card that I mentioned that I was going to post in my last entry.


I saw a card using the little hearts from the SAB set Patterned Occasion's little band-aid and had to try it--but something was missing so I added a piece of black cardstock under the whisper white, but I'm still not sure about it.....I'll post that picture when I get back home and get it taken!  =-)  
That leads me to where I've been and what I've been doing!
I spent the last 2 weeks making swaps--80 of them, enjoying time with my grandchildren (thanks Matt and Abby for coming with them) and watching basketball.  
Now.....
I am sitting in my motel room after my first Stampin' Up event--a regional in St. Louis!  Wow!  My brain is full of ideas and my bed is full of wonderful swaps!  I got a lot of great ideas and learned about some fabulous techniques that I can't wait to share!  Here are a few pictures of what went on today!

I arrived at the America's Center a bit early since I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get from my motel to the center and then parked etc... Fortunately, I'd been at this convention center last summer for my church's Annual Conference so I was a bit familiar with the territory and where the parking garages were.  Anyway--I got there about 7:25--registration didn't start until 8 a.m. and the regional didn't begin until 9.  People were everywhere!  A lot of swapping was going on--I had all 80 of my cards swapped before the regional even began!  Here's our convention room taken from the back:

All the scoreboards on the tables were for the projects that we did in the morning.

I sat at a table with some lovely women from Iowa.  Let me tell you--the doors opened and people were in the room with tables staked out for their groups--then a lot were up and cruising around the room to swap cards.  Here's the table I was at with Julie's swaps laying on the table.  I also took a picture of the cute lapel flowers that she made for all of her downline.   


Here's Sharron's flower up close.  The center is made of a smashed pop top.  I'll be back tomorrow with the picture of the So many Smiles with the black cardstock behind the white and some more regional pictures.  



1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Looks like a fun time.

Your card is cute with all the hearts.