Tuesday, February 26, 2013

6 Day Weekend....

I'm on my fourth snow day and have enough cards made to share 1 a day for the next 2+ weeks!  =-)  I guess that's one way to get ahead!  Here's a cute card that I made that uses the "tile technique."  I found the directions here on Frenchie's blog.  The background that I made uses dsp--just pick one that looks a bit like floor tiling.  After it's laid out you emboss the whole thing with clear embossing powder.  Although you can't tell it in the picture it does look a lot like a tiled floor or wall!  Be sure to watch Frenchie's video here to get the measurements and steps to make this.  Here's my card:


I use the SAB designer paper Sycamore Street that you can get free with a $50 order--it has a number of designs that look like tiles.  The flower is made from 3 blossom punch flowers from another dsp-- attached together with an Antique brad and then crumpled and sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  The sentiment is from "Up in the Air" punched out with the new mini curly label punch--another Sale-a-Bration offering.  It's layered on a calypso coral small oval.  Colors used are Pacific Point, Pool Party and Whisper White.


No comments: