Thursday, November 15, 2012

Big Birthday Card!

Well....the card isn't big--it's the birthday--my daughter Amy (middle child) turned 30 on Wednesday and this is the card I created for her!  I got the idea from Darlene Design and made a few revisions according to the supplies that I had on hand.  Anyway--Amy got the card on Tuesday so I can show it now.  Since it's a moving card she said she was creating a gif (whatever that is) that would show the movement that I could post, but in the meantime--here's the card--I really like how it turned out!  =-)  Here's the link to the movement of the card shown by my daughter--I can't figure out how to get it on here!  =-)




I used the c'oredination paper and the woodgrain embossing folder--I really have trouble with it cracking so I'm going to have to try the vellum trick that I've read about!  My balloons were embossed with clear embossing powder and punched with the small oval and 1 1/4" circle punches.  The owl holds the card closed--when you turn him you can open the card and it looks like this:


Cute huh?  Here's the deal with the owls....I made about 150 of these little boogers when I making a swap for SU convention last year.  Then I got pneumonia and couldn't go so I have all the parts--not put together.  So I'm always looking for ways to use my owls!  Ha!


No comments: