Saturday, April 28, 2012

See you later....alligator


We had our monthly meeting up our stamping group and it was my turn to demonstrate.  In light of the retirement lists coming out my theme was saying goodbye to retiring sets.  The first card I demonstrated was this twisted easel card.  I've been wanting to try one for awhile, but the new diagonal score board insert really makes it easy!  The stamp set in the spotlight:  Friends Never Fade.

                              
Here it is closed--the embossing folder I used for the calypso coral piece is "Snowburst" also retiring, as is the set that I got the sentiment from--"You're a Gem."

And...open.  We had this big discussion on sending this type of card--"Do the people who receive them know how to set them up?"  or do they just get them, open them like a regular card and say--"hmm, Dawn put this inside part in here really, really crooked."  =-)  We decided maybe you need to include directions!  Ha!  

After I got this done (original sample) I decided I didn't like the little ribbon on the card front--so on my card that I demonstrated I used the same whisper white satin ribbon as on the side to just add a band across the front.  I left my camera at school so I'll get a photo of that up as soon as I go to check the chicks this morning (Sat.) 
P.S.  The "Thanks" is from Kindness Matters

Colors--Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Whisper White

No comments: