Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cheap--and Cute!

I've always loved the stamp set Upsy Daisy--it's the perfect silhouette stamp set, great for making a "shadow image" and always seems to make a striking card.  Well--Pinterest struck again!  I saw this card made from a paint chip---well more like a paint card (from Home Depot) and just had to try it!  My SIL and I were in Hutchinson checking out the Dillards that is closing and THERE was the Home Depot right behind the mall.  We cruised in--grabbed 8 - 10 paint chips and then hightailed it out of there.  Why do you feel guilty taking paint chips?  Aren't they there for people to take as samples?  Anyway....I still felt guilty.  When I got home most of my paint chips could be matched up to one of our SU cardstock colors.  I made one with Poppy Parade, but one of our stamping group gals wanted to buy that one so I didn't get a picture of it (thanks, Jan!).
The card I demonstrated used Regal Rose--

Just stamp the daisies in versamark and emboss with white embossing powder.  Very striking!

No comments: