Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Love at First Sight!

I found this card on Pinterest...which can be quite addicting. Let me know if you need an invite and you can join me!  =-)  I loved all the elements that it used and it was the card that made me realize that I absolutely had to own the SAB set "Fresh Vintage."  There are so many good things going on in this card that it's hard to remember them all....here's the photo of my card and after all the details I'll share my link so you can see the original (which to be truthful looks a bit nicer than mine).


My card has a base of poppy parade.  I then took a card front of crumb cake and glued on rectangles of lucky limeade and pool party then ran it through the big shot using my Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder that I had inked up with my crumb cake ink (I got a little heavy handed with it I think).  The hearts are from the Heart framelits.  I cut out one from poppy parade and then inked up the floral design from the Fresh Vintage set with my pool party, poppy parade and lucky limeade markers and stamped it on very vanilla.  After that was stamped I centered the heart framelit over the design the way I liked it and cut it out.    The flower piece is made from several flowers from the boho blossom punch and the leaves from the bird punch.  The ribbon is Victoria crochet trim and the sentiment is from "Kindness Matters" which is in the main catalog and is also a SAB set.  Enough---here's the link to the original which as you'll see I liked so much that I didn't make many changes.  Let me know if you have any questions!  

P.S.  Why is it that after you post you always see your mistakes?  I forgot to say that I added pearls to my floral design and then if you look closely you'll see how I tried to add a pearl to the top of my brad--judging by the picture I'm saying it isn't staying in place!  Ha!

No comments: