Thursday, July 7, 2011

Swap #2

I just received my second swap back in the mail.  It was an ATC swap---think of it like baseball cards in the stamping world.....they are small--2.5 in. x 3.5 in. and can become the focal image for a full-size card.  I decided to do two-- the retired ATC and the current ATC.  They were fun to make and didn't take a huge amount of supplies due to their size.

For my retired ATC I used the newly retired "Puns from the Past" with Love Letter dsp and my flower came from the solid on the new triple flower bouquet punch.  I really like the look of this stamp set with this designer paper and I'm sorry that both have retired now that I'm ready to use them....isn't that the way it always seems to work?

I used black embossing powder on the pot and a riding hood red button from long ago.

For my current ATC, I used one of the cutest new sets (I think) from last year--"Friends Fur-Ever."  I think it's because the dogs in this set remind me of my white miniature schnauzer Daisy--who is my 4th child now that I have an "empty nest" at home!

I used the red glimmer paper for the heart--so excited that it's in the new catty!  The sentiment is from "A Word for You" I think--I may have to edit this if it's not!  =-)  

I'm participating in the VC Rocks Blog Hop this weekend--my first one ever.....hope I can figure out how to do all the techie links!  


No comments: