Friday, March 25, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail....

It's time to think about Easter....I'm forever not getting cards made until it's too late to send them and get them there in time.  So I've been taking advantage of my spring vacation to create.  Here are a couple of things I've been working on:

Baskets and Blooms Easter Card

I saw this idea on Inking Idaho and here's my take.  I purchased Becky's tutorial (one of many I've bought from her) and I can highly recommend them all.  She does a great job giving you pictures and step by step directions....and they are very reasonably priced.  

I used:
  • Stamp Set:  A Good Egg
  • Ink:  Chocolate Chip
  • Ribbon: Baja Breeze Seam Binding
  • Punches:  Scallop Circle, Wide Oval, Scallop Edge, 1/2 circle, tiny flower from Boho Blossoms for beak
  • Accessories:  Square Lattice Embossing Folder
  • Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, and Nursery Suite dsp
Petal Cone Die Carrot and Easter Bunny


You just have to love the Big Shot and how easy it makes it for creating cute things!  I got this idea here, but had to change the bunny to something a bit easier.  =-)  I cut the front flap off and embossed the carrot part with the polka dot embossing folder.  Make sure you use sticky tape to seal it shut so it doesn't come undone!  The bunny was created with the scallop punch, heart to heart punch, small and medium oval punches (for face) and the boho blossom punch for the paws.  The details were added with my basic black marker.  Very cute if I do say so myself.  Oops--I forgot the carrot top--the garden green topper was made with the scallop circle and larger scallop from the #2 Scallop Circle die.  (Yep,  I got it.)






No comments: